I am in the process of cooking our Thanksgiving meal. It always amazes me when I get to the end of the menu, because it continues to grow until we actually sit down to eat! Last year we had two friends come and eat with us, making a total of eight eating Thanksgiving dinner at the Pearsons. That's great, but I cook for at least 30 people! This year is the same type of menu, but we have a few more people coming. Yay, less leftovers!
We are having:
Fried turkey (thanks to the Garris family)
Gravy
stuffing
green bean casserole (thanks to Caroline)
corn pudding (thanks also to Caroline)
watergate salad (a Hight family tradition)
Potato Salad (with my Mema's homemade pickles)
fresh sweet potatoes
butter beans
cranberry salad
homemade macaroni and cheese (made by my 11 yr old daughter)
broccoli & cauliflower salad
And for dessert:
chocolate layer cake with fudge icing (you know, the kind with the itty bitty layers and lots of icing poured over top! Also made by my 11 year old daughter)
peanut butter pie (my nephews favorite)
sweet potato casserole (thanks to Samantha)
and last, but not least,
homemade banana pudding (custard is from scratch, just like Mema's!)
So, you see, there *is* enough for an army! We will have seven adults and seven kids. We are gonna have soooo much food leftover!
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yum! I love seeing what other people are having for Thanksgiving.
I cook for at least 20 and it's only the 4 of us. lol At least I won't have to cook anything all weekend. My kids love Thanksgiving leftovers!
Post a Comment